Sunday 25 September 2016

Poem - Borderline

I was once a happy, innocent little boy,
but now I'm broken and I don't know why.
All my pain buried deep down inside,
is it any wonder I want to curl up and die.
Slithers of glass shredding my soul,
craving warmth but feeling only cold.
Knowing how to behave,
but subject to a chaotic emotional rage.
Who am I because I don't know?
Words spoken in haste,
leaving friendships in a tattered waste.
Wanting to be accepted I push you away,
why would you want to stay?
Wanting beauty but feeling pain,
even breathing is an awkward strain.
Damaged, reject, pariah, psycho,
many more names adorn my soul,
I just want to be loved and made whole.
Why has love forsaken me?
Why can't I be set free?
Am I not beautiful?
I am a person after all.
Where is the the love that I deserve?
Instead a meal of vile iniquity I'm served.
Trapped in the miry clay,
please help me I don't want to stay.
Will I come to my end with despair my only friend.
Constantly battling the war inside,
God help me because I don't want to die.
I long for a place to call home,
but instead I suffer alone.
Where is the promise of hope?
Am I just a cruel joke?
Darkness comes and envelopes me,
demons screaming to break free.
A war inside my mind,
yet peace and happiness are all I want to find.
Please deliver me from all this strife,
before the darkness overtakes me and I take my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment